Perfobask: How much washwater pressure is required for cleaning the screening basket
The Perfobask has three washing systems.
1. Basket Washing: This system is standard and automatic running with the screw:
- To clean the screenings.
- Reduce wear on brushes by having them run dry against the basket
- This system is automatic with each start of screw and
- This system requires 16GPM @ 60PSI of reuse
If the flow of washwater at the required pressure is insufficient. It will result in
- Dirtier screenings
- Increased wear of brush
If this happens on site. This can be resolved in two ways
- Booster Washwater pump (Preferred, but not necessary)
- Closing one nozzle out of two .
2. Transport Washing: This system is to further clean the screenings and is not usually installed.
3. Compaction Zone: This system can be manual or automatic and just ensures the compaction zone area is clean.
- Automatic mode runs once a day for 8 seconds
- Manual Mode can be done once a day as well using a manual valve or by opening up inspection door and using a hose.
The system can be automatic A Manual Valve must be installed prior to the solenoid to ensure that the pressure is not too high
If dealing with a site with low water pressure. A manual system is recommended to push the operators to inspect the compaction zone regularly.
How is the Perfobask Vertical Screen inlet designed
DSS-V Inlet Design We have direct inlet with overflow pipe on the inlet pipe. The headloss is a function of the depth of the screen. The foot of the screen is designed to prevent submersion of the screening basket, with the bottom of the screening ...
How does the bypass rake work on a Perfobask in Tank
Under Normal Conditions, the influent enter the Perfobask unit through the inlet passes through the perforated basket and exits the unit through the outlet If the influent level reaches level 1, it is in overflow condition and the influent it ...
How to change the bag on the screening bagging system?
Follow the below instructions to change the bag cassettes;
How does the screening endless bagger work?
BAGGING SYSTEMS We have bagging systems available, which simply clamp on the solids discharge of our screens. The bags themselves are continuous and require changing and can be cut at intervals set by the customers. They are ideal for odour ...
How to handle rags
Rags are a common issue with all Perforated Basket Screens. If you have a lot of Rags in your application, order the Perfobask screen with the RAG CUTTER Unit without rag cutter Unit with rag cutter